Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Guest Post: To The Tune of Untraceable by Shelli Johannes-Wells

I'm excited to have Shelli Johannes-Wells on the blog today, author of Untraceable!
Shelli has been awesome enough to give us a look at the playlist for Untraceable - songs that she would love to see on the soundtrack of the movie.
Thanks for stopping by, Shelli!
******
 I think music is important part of my writing.

I have a very cinematic mind so when I write. I think of my book as a movie as I’m typing. I can visualize every scene and hear every song in my head as the story plays out. (See my book should be a movie – do you hear that Twilight people?? :)

Once I plot out a story and know what is happening, I pick out a different song for each chapter. One that really puts me into the setting and mood of that chapter.

For example, in Untraceable, the first scene is a chase scene in the woods. I listen to Muse’s Time is Running Out.  My character’s name is Grace so when I sit down to write I always play U2s Grace. The lyrics are so perfect for my book.

Once I am in editing mode, I usually only listen to music with no words like classical or piano. 

For Untraceable, I have 50 songs for 50 chapters, but here are the 12 that would be on the movie soundtrack.
Time is running out - Muse
I'm not dead - Pink
Grace - u2
Somewhere only we know - Keane
Lakotas Power Song - Native American
Meet me by the water - Rachel Yamagata
Looking for answers - Susan Tedeschi
Missing you - Jem
Frightened - Toby Lightman
Goodbye My lover - James Blunt
Take Me Away - Avril Lavigne
Left Behind - AquaLung
Home - Jack Johnson

Sixteen year old Grace was reared in the wilderness. Her first pet was a bear named Simon. Her first potty, an oak tree. And, her first swing, a forest vine. Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her everything he knew about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival.

When Grace's dad goes missing on a routine patrol, unlike everyone in her sleepy mountain town, she refuses to believe he’s dead. After finding a Cheetos bag and stolen government file, Grace is convinced she’s one step closer to proving all the non-believers wrong.

One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from imminent danger by Mo, a hot guy who has an intoxicating accent and a secret. Grace has never felt a connection like this before, certainly not with her ex-boyfriend, the adoring, but decidedly unrugged, Wyn.

After a few run-ins with the town's police chief, her father's partner, and some new evidence, Grace travels deeper into the wilderness that has always been her refuge only to learn that her father's disappearance is not a mere coincidence.

Soon she’s enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it’s going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to emerge from an epidemic that’s spreading like wild fire, threatening everything and everyone she’s ever loved.


Buy Untraceable
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Book Image: Can Stock Photo