Friday, May 20, 2011

Blog Hop and Follow Friday

Book Blogger Hop
 
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy for Books!
The question this week is:
"If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?"
Hmm.. I'm gonna have to go with Harry Potter universe for this one - Hogwart's to be specific. It's so magical and full of adventure. Who doesn't want to play quidditch or learn to brew potions or learn to fight with magic? So. Much. Fun!
 
 
 Follow my Book Blog Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View
The question this week is:
It's circle time. Time for us to open up and share. Can you tell us FIVE quirky habits or things about you? We all have them... 
1. I'm a twin. That's kinda quirky right? How many people can say that? And we do twin stuff all the time - I swear I can feel what she's feeling. And we talk to each other in our sleep - responding to each other. And know what the other is talking about even when it makes no sense to anyone around us - including our husbands.
 
2.  I'm OCD about my light switches in my kitchen. I have 4 sets that turns on and off different sets of lights. So, you can turn them on one place and off another. My husband likes to leave one switch up and one switch down on the same pad - it drives me insane! I walk through my kitchen flipping switches until they are all going in the same direction. 
 
3. I'm late for EVERYTHING. It doesn't matter where I'm going or what I'm doing you can guarantee I will be late. I have no idea why I do this.
4. My husband is on nightshift - so he sleeps all day while I'm at work. Which means there is someone in my bed when I leave in the morning  and I can't make it. So, when I go upstairs to get ready for bed at night - I have to make the bed. I fluff the pillows, tuck the sheets back in, smooth out the blankets - fix it like I would in the morning - then get in and go to sleep. 

5. I'm as addicted to tv as I am to reading. Really. I own two DVR's which are usually full during the Fall and Spring viewing season. I don't know how I have time to read and watch as much as I do but I make it work.
 
 
 

13 comments:

karen! said...

I found your blog via Follow-Friday. I'm following you now.

One of my quirks is that I abhor being late. Just the idea of being late makes me extremely anxious. So if I need to be somewhere I've never been I'm liable to leave insanely early just so I won't be late.

Happy Friday! I hope you have a nice weekend.

Jules (The Great, The Good and The Bad) said...

I'm usually running late as well despite my best efforts.

I've been a follower for a while now!

Jules

Feel free to stop by my blog - http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

That's so cool that you are a twin! Our kitchen light switches are the same way... drives me batty!

Ms. C said...

Hopping through and now following, too! Loving your blog's layout and design - it's so cute :):)

Take care & happy reading,
Ms. C
http://coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/05/hops-follows_19.html#comments

Jessica said...

Seems we're all a little OCD with things! Guess it comes with being a blogger!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower
Jessica@a GREAT read

Karen said...

Love Hogwarts and it would be my second choice. I went with something a little bit old school!

Laura (All of Everything) said...

I always try to be early whenever I go somewhere but that usually fails lol
I'd love to have a flying broomstick for a quicker commute :P
Have a great weekend!

Howard Sherman said...

I’ve seen a lot of great picks and gathered some fresh titles to add to my ever-growing TBR list. My answer will probably stun most people because the world I picked is a place most people would be scared to death of and try to escape from. Me? I want in.

Hop on over to my blog and be prepared for the unexpected – http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Ahh! I want a twin but somehow I think it is too late for that now.

Alison said...

Hopping through. You're so lucky that you're a twin! I have several friends who have twins. It would be hard to have twin babies.
My IMM

Jennifer said...

Old follower hopping through! The lightswitch thing bothers me, too!

Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog

Elizabeth said...

Hogwarts would be fun....tons of folks choosing that place.

Stopping by from the blog hop....stop by my blog if you like.

I would like to live in Louise Penny's fictional town of Three Pines.

Have a fun hop.

Elizabeth

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Shana said...

I run late too but have gotten better since it drives my husband crazy. Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from the Feature and Follow Friday blog hop (finishing from last night!). Would love a follow back: blog.writerslairbooks.com. I also have twitter: @wlbks. Have a 'good read' weekend!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Book Image: Can Stock Photo