Friday, May 27, 2011

Armchair BEA: Blogging about Blogging


So this is the last day for Armchair BEA. I've had a great time this week and so glad I got to participate! I've talked to some amazing bloggers and hope to build more relationships! Today's topic is Blogging About Blogging. Tips, tricks, and advice for other bloggers about how you run your little corner of the internet.

For me it's pretty simple - I do what I want to do. I know this might sounds somewhat selfish but it's my blog. If I want to post a meme - I post a meme. If I go a few days without posting anything - so be it. I don't stress over my blog. I have a life outside of blogging. As much as I love to read and blog I have a job, a husband, family, friends, dogs, and other responsibilities. I've been reading a middle grade 196 page book for a week now. A week! Sure it stresses me out a little since I have a tour book I need to read but I'll get it done - I always do. I have 6 reviews sitting in my draft folder that needs to be finished. Sometimes life gets in the way and that's okay.


If you want to connect with other bloggers you've gotta reach out. Twitter is the best way to meet and talk to other people. Leaving comments on other people's blogs are great but how often do we make it back to the blog to check up on the comment we left? I know I don't. My Google Reader is full as it is and sometimes I can't remember who wrote what post. But I do remember Twitter names and that definitely helps me remember blogs. Get on Twitter and put yourself out there. Respond to people and build relationships. You won't regret it!

I hope y'all have had a fantastic week during Armchair BEA! I know I have and I look forward to getting to know y'all better!



3 comments:

Donna said...

I have a similar attitude about my blogging. I participate in memes now and again, post reviews when I've finished a book (I can't read more than a book or 2 a week and sometime not even that). I agree that Twitter is a bloggers best friend. My post today is tips for Twitter.

Girl Who Reads

booksNyarn said...

It has been a totally amazing week and I am glad for all the new blogs AND tweets I have to read.

I think I have about six draft reviews now also. Major post-finishing weekend coming up!

Kaitlyn (Kaitlyn in Bookland) said...

Yay for Twitter! It's the absolute best thing ever. I really enjoyed Armchair BEA and I'm glad you did too :)

Here is my post about blogging!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Book Image: Can Stock Photo