Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Armchair BEA: Blogger Interviews!


Welcome to Armchair BEA day three! Today is blogger interviews!
I didn't sign up in time to be assigned another blogger to interview but through the greatness that is Twitter I found a interview partner! 
Katie from Mundie Moms is joining us today. I love their blog so I was excited when Katie said she need a partner as well!
How did you get started blogging?
I have actually been blogging for about 7 years, though for 5 of those years I was on my personal blog where I post about my family and share book recommendations. It wasn't until I started Mundie Moms (the forum) that I decided to do a book review blog. I loved the idea of being able to share book reviews with other book lovers. Though I stated the blog at the same time, the blog didn't go live until a few months later. With the blog I wanted to have a place where I could share Cassie's latest news, promote her books and discuss other YA books I was reading, as well as host live author chats, something I didn't see anyone else doing. It's been a lot of fun and over the last two years we've grown a lot and had a lot of various friends who have been apart of the blog.

What is the best experience you've had as a blogger? 
That's a hard question to answer, I've had a lot of great experiences. The most memorable experiences have been meeting Cassie and some other fabulous authors who have come to Austin, being able to meet some of the publishers at TLA, and  working at some pretty amazing events and author tours. A highlight for me is having a character named after me in Bree Despain's The Lost Saint and seeing Mundie Moms/Mundie Kids quoted on books. One of the most rewarding things as a blogger is hearing followers say they picked up a book based on one of the reviews they read on Mundie Moms.

 So, being part of Mundie Moms, I know you love Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices. Besides those, what is your favorite book or series? 
I have too many to count. It's hard to love just one or two books or series. TMI and ID are definitely at the top of my list, but I also love Shannon Hale's Goose Girl series (which got my interested in reading YA again), the Curse Workers seres by Holly Black, the Shiver series by Maggie Stievfater, the Beautiful Darkness series by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl, Andrea Cremer's Nightshade series and I can't leave off the Twilight series. Don't laugh, but had I not read this series back before it was popular, I wouldn't be reading YA books now. I could really keep listing series. There's a lot of great series and books I've read.

Any suggestions for new bloggers?  
The most important thing is to not compare your blog to other blogs. Do what you want to do. Let your blog be an expression of who you are. Have fun blogging. Blogging should be fun and not something that's competitive. Enjoy what you do.

Tell us something about you - any quirks or interesting tidbits we should know?
LOL I don't think I'm very interesting, but I do have a weird quirk. All my books have to be lined up in a neat order and in alphabetical order. I think I'm a little obsessed with how they're lined up. I can't handle if any of them are sticking out more than the others, like they're all seriously lined up exactly the same. I know, I have a problem. lol

 If you were on a deserted island and could only take three things - what would they be?
 I'd take my family, a suitcase full of necessities/food and of course a suitcase full of books. So technically that's three things right? LOL

 What do you think is the worst part about not getting to go to BEA? And what is the best part about Armchair BEA?
What turned out being the worst thing about not being there turned out to be the best thing about being at home, we're going to be revealing the cover for Cassie's Clockwork Prince on Wed morning at 9:15 am EST and we'll have giveaways! Everything that Simon and Schuster is unveiling and will have at their booth at BEA we will have on our site. I'm SO excited they've asked us to reveal the cover. I can't wait!!

Anything else you want to add?
This is have been a lot of fun getting to know you and I look forward to hopefully getting to meet you one day at one of the many blogger events that happen around the country. :)
Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by, Katie! Great interview and I've gotta say - I am SO EXCITED for the Clockwork Prince cover reveal on your blog today! 

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great interview! Now I'm off to check out yours on the Mundie site, chick! <3

Mundie Moms said...

Thank you so much for having me on your blog Michelle! It's been great getting to meet you through Armchair BEA!!! The cover of CP is AMAZING! I can't stop staring at it.

Trisha said...

I obsessively organize my books too. I separate them into realistic, fantasy/scifi, and personal non-fiction and objective non-fiction. Then I alphabetize every section by author. :)

Kaitlyn (Kaitlyn in Bookland) said...

This is an excellent interview--Katie sounds so nice! Thanks to Armchair BEA for introducing me to all of these great bloggers :)

pussreboots said...

Excellent blogging advice.

I got the chance to interview via email the owner of Notorious Spinks Talks Books. Come read the review.

bex said...

Great interview! Love this day and all the wonderful things you get to know about all bloggers. :)

My interview and shout out can be found here!

Rebecca @ kindle fever

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Book Image: Can Stock Photo