Monday, March 14, 2011

Breathless Reads Tour!

I am FINALLY getting around to writing this post. I can't believe how long it has taken me but my Grandma was in the hospital last week and I had no time for anything.

So, last Friday, February 25th, me, my mom, and my twin sister piled in the Tahoe and headed to Raleigh, NC for the final stop in the Breathless Reads Tour. I was so excited to go to this signing! It was actually my first one and I love that it was! Even though it was a 6 hr drive it was TOTALLY worth it! 

I was the "official blogger" of the event for Penguin and was suppose to get to interview all the authors before the event but they were running SO late that I didn't get to. (Boo!) I did, however, get to talk to the sales rep for the area for a while and made a great contact - as well as got a copy of WOLFSBANE! I was so excited! 

So, once the authors got there they started a question and answer portion of the tour. They answered so many questions! I tweeted as much as I could all their answers but I kinda got sucked into listening to them.

Some of the highlights of the question and answer portion:

When asked what the hardest part of writing a romance book is..
Beth Revis said that the kissing thing was the hardest thing and the best part was blowing stuff up!
Andrea Cremer LOVE the kissing scenes.
Ally Condie loves falling in love with her characters and agrees the kissing scenes are hard to write.
Kirsten Miller likes her romance dangerous.
Brenna Yovanoff said the kissing scenes are hard to write too.

What is their writing process like?
Brenna Yovanoff jumps around all over the place but Beth has to write from the beginning to the end.

How many books did you write before you were published?
Beth wrote 8 books before Across the Universe.
Andrea wrote 2 novels that no one but her family will ever read.
Brenna only wrote one before The Replacement.
Ally had five books published with a small publishing company before Matched.
Kirsten's Kiki Strike book was the first book she wrote and she got it published.

What are you currently reading?
Brenna is reading Anna and the French Kiss
Beth is reading Blood Magic (jealous!)
Andrea is reading The Windup Girl
Kirsten is reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and some research books

What advice do you give your characters?
Ally - Trust yourself.
Beth - Don't trust anyone.
Brenna - Don't be so self conscience.
Andrea - Be careful.
Kirsten - Things are rarely what they seem.

What are you working on right now?
I'm pretty sure all of them said they were working on the sequels to their books. 


I did get to talk to them before they started signing and they all said they are willing to do an interview for the blog. So, I think I'm going to take them up on that! 
Me and Andrea Cremer
Beth Revis, Me, and Brenna Yovanoff
Me and Ally Condie
Me and Kirsten Miller

So, overall it was a great signing! I loved it and would definitely go back and see them again. My mom wants to read the books now after hearing them speak. Great first signing!


8 comments:

Jamie said...

Ah! I really wanted to go to the NYC stop but couldn't! Glad you had such a good time! :)

Two Readers Reviews said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Super jealous that you got to meet them all in one place :)

Saint Andie said...

Yay for You! Yay! I have Brenna Yovanoff's "The Replacment" downloaded and TBR...Love the Pics! Yay!

K W said...

Awesome coverage of the tour! I so wish I could have gone! I LOVED Matched and I have The Replacement in my TBR pile!

Thanks for sharing!

KW

Kate Evangelista said...

Hi,

I'm Kate Evangelista, author of Taste, and I just wanted to take this time to introduce myself. If you have the time, please stop by The Coffee Bar by using the link below:

http://kateevangelistanovels.blogspot.com/

I hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
Kate

flashlight_reader said...

What are the titles of the red book with the snake making the large O and the book with the baby carriage on the cover? I keep seeing them in catalogs, but I never buy them. They seem to stay on my wishlist. =/

Erin said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I am extremely jealous, but also glad that I got to live vicariously through your post. =) Thank you for sharing the pictures and answers to some of the questions!

I really hope you are able to interview some of the authors on your blog. Fun for you AND your readers! =)

Erin @ Quitting My Day Job

Read Now Sleep Later said...

So cool! I loved Across the Universe and Matched... pestering Andrea Cremer right now about the cover changes, haha! :P I need to go and read Kiki Strike, it's been sitting on a shelf staring at me for a good year now. ... and I think I am going to have to sew a top just like the blouse Brenna Yovanoff's wearing, it's really cute! Can't wait for her new book, too... it's already on my tbr list.

Congrats on your first author signing and may you have many more!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Book Image: Can Stock Photo