Sunday, January 9, 2011

In My Mailbox (11)

Well, I got a ton more books this week! I really need to quit buying/bringing books home from the library and read what I have but I just can't help it! So, on to the goodies!

Bought:

XVI by Julia Karr 
The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (not pictured)
I picked these up w/a giftcard that I got from the public librarians I work with. I'm so excited to read them. I've heard nothing but great things. I already have Shiver as a ebook so I wanted the hard cover to go with Linger and Forever when it comes out.

Library:

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs
Awakened by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Goddess of Legend by P.C. Cast
I'm SO EXCITED for Awakened. It is definitely moved to the top of my reading pile - right after I finish a book I got from a book tour. I have the first three in the Mercy Thompson series, so I picked this one up when it came back in and I just thought the other Cast book might be good since I like the House of Night series so much. 

Book Tour:

Hexbound by Chloe Neill 
I got this from Star Book Tours. I just finished Firespell and enjoyed it so I'm excited to read this. I'm about 50 pages in and it's not disappointing!

Nookbooks:


 Reckless by Cornelia Funke
Daniel X by James Patterson
Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
Reaper by Rachel Vincent
Remedial Magic by Jenna Black
The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook by Dinah Bucholz
The Wild's Call by Jeri Smith-Ready
Almost all of these were free or a dollar. Can't beat that!

And in sort of book related news - I got my desk in!
Definitely need to get some stuff up on the wall and figure out a way to hide the cord but I LOVE it! :)
My lil sis suggested some sort of plant in front of it and I think I'm going to buy a decal from etsy to put on the wall. And I have another piece coming for it that won't be here until February. So excited to get this room finished!

What did you get this week?


IMM is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren

4 comments:

Miss Remmers said...

Wow! You did bring in a load! I really wanted to pick up XVI and The Water Wars last night at BN - but I'm on this whole book buying ban....shoot! I love the cover for Hexbound!

BooksforCompany said...

l love that desk!
You brought great books, both l really want to read!
Enjoy =)
Books For Company

Kristen said...

Love the desk! You need to add some bookshelves on that wall.. yep. :) I want Water Wars.. may buy it, but I've been trying hard not to buy this week.. lol. Loved Reckless, so I hope you enjoy it! It was one of the books I gifted to my coworker this Christmas.

Kelly said...

Great books! I can't wait to hear what you think about XVI. Also, I love your new desk!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Book Image: Can Stock Photo