Sunday, January 2, 2011

Decisions.. decisions..

So, we've been moved into our house for a year and I still haven't finished my office/library/den. I'm wanting to get a desk for it and have fallen in love with Pottery Barn. Their stuff is GORGEOUS (and kinda expensive..). So, here's the room..
(Please ignore the wrapping paper..) 

I thought about getting this desk and making is so you would see the front of the desk. 

We have a tv in here (see the black stand on the right) so I thought that would allow you to still see the tv if you wanted. I don't really want the desk flat against the wall. The room is pretty big and I don't plan to put anything else in it except a lounge chair eventually.

I also thought something like this desk but, again, it wouldn't be flat against the wall. The front would be facing the tv.

I really like the corner desk, but what do you think, y'all? Will it look okay without both sides being against a wall?

Here's another pic of the room. Again, ignore the wrapping paper/plastic totes. 


*Desk pictures from The Potter Barn.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Love your built-ins and the idea of the white desk facing out into the room! We have been looking for a desk for the past few years and are having a terrible time finding one we like. When are desk manufacturers going to realize that we need options for that standard side door that used to hold a CPU tower that many people don't have anymore? They need to at least give you the option of a shelf or something...

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Book Image: Can Stock Photo