Thursday, January 20, 2011

Book Blogger's Dirty Little Secret

Y'all. I have a secret. As much as I love to read - there is something else in my life that takes up just about as much time as reading does. Shocking, I know, but it's true.  Can you guess what it is?



No?


Well, I'm a tv addict. *gasp* It's so bad that I made a Google Doc with channels and times to make sure I catch everything on my DVR two DVR's. (This is just for the Spring - I have one for Summer and Fall too.)

Monday                      Tuesday                 Wednesday 
Pretty Little Liars           Glee                      Survivor
Greek                      One Tree Hill            Cougar Town
The Bachelor           Parenthood               Modern Family
Gossip Girl                                               Mr. Sunshine
                                                                    Off The Map

Thursday                             Sunday
Vampire Diaries                 Amazing Race
Grey's Anatomy                Desperate Housewives
Private Practice                 Brothers and Sisters
                                           Big Love
                                                                    

Ridiculous, right? A lot of these shows I have watched since they first started and others I jut picked up (which I shouldn't have). That is way too much tv a week. That's just about 18 hrs of tv a week. Most of the time I do DVR it and watch it on the weekends without commercials - so that helps some. I've tried cutting some stuff out, like The Bachelor, One Tree Hill, Pretty Little Liars - but then I get sucked right back in.

So, tell me - what keeps you from reading as much as you would like? How do you balance it?


8 comments:

Kari said...

Someone after my own heart! I, too am a huge tv addict. It's a real struggle to watch and/or DVR all my shows without upsetting my hubby too much, LOL! He thinks I'm way to addicted to tv.

Laura (All of Everything) said...

I only have show that I absolutely never miss but I really want to sit down and watch the Bachelor, Glee, How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory without having any distractions! Just me, a warm blanket and some snacks.
Unfortunately it's schoolwork keeping me busy now :/ but I always read a bit before I go to bed--I can't go very long without reading.

But I think your system is very organized! If I had a dvr I'd probably be doing the same thing lol

Mrs. DeRaps said...

I've got a dirtier secret...I'm a Real Housewives addict! no one who knows me ever believes me when I tell them, but it's true. It's one of the only TV shows I watch--And I watch all of them! Your list is so much more intellectual than mine!

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Oh man, I've had to give up TV. Pretty much totally. Just can't do it all. Write. Read and review. Blog. And a family, too. So no TV for me. Occasionally I might catch a show or maybe something on the Food Network in passing, but that's about it. I miss them sometimes. But mostly, I guess I'm through the withdrawal...

Hope I'll have a chance to watch a few American Idol shows though...

Katie said...

It is TV for me too! I love West Wing and Gilmore Girls. I know they have finished but I'm watching them through again - I'm an addict!

Miss Remmers said...

Wow. I gotta say, I'm not a huge TV person. When D moves out I'll be canceling the cable. But I do love Survivor, The Biggest Loser, The Amazing Race, and other such reality tv shows!

Kulsuma said...

Well I'm a glee addict and 90210 is growing on me, unfortunately everything arrives late to the UK (way after the US) haha. Criminal Minds is also on my list!

Jamie said...

I can't WAIT to talk Survivor with you!! I also watch 90210, Glee and PLL. I started watching Greek after PLL but I have NO idea what is going on but really like it so far. I wish I watched the other seasons.

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Book Image: Can Stock Photo