Sunday, December 19, 2010

Review: Fallen (Fallen #1)

Goodreads Description:
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


My Thoughts:
It seems like all the books I've read lately I have loved but that's probably because if I don't like them I stop reading. I only get so much time to read and I'm not going to spend it reading something I don't want to, ya know?

I wasn't sure what it was about when I picked it up but I ended up really enjoying it (even though I haven't had a chance to read the 2nd one yet). Luce gets sent off to a boarding school for an accident that really wasn't her fault and there she meets Daniel. Their relationship is strained and he is a complete jerk to her and she has no idea why. Thrown into the mix is Cam (yes, another sorta love triangle). He is very interested in Luce and Luce enjoys his attention - but there is something a little off with him.

I really don't want to say too much because there are so many twists in the story that it will ruin the book. I did think the character's were great and the story was unique and not something I had read before. I really need to get to the second one.

2 comments:

Books for Company said...

Loved this book! Torment is as good so hope you get a copy soon
Books For Company

Marg K. said...

I've been really weary about starting this book. I am not a fan of books where the guy acts like a jerk (even if it is to 'protect' the girl)and the girl chases him around like a desperate clingy puppy--or worse, a stalker. And I especially hate when the female protagonist ends up centering her entire existence around the love interest. I hope this book has more to offer.

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Book Image: Can Stock Photo