Friday, October 29, 2010

Review: The Forest of Hands and Teeth


Goodreads Description:
In Mary's world there are simple truths.
The Sisterhood always knows best.
The Guardians will protect and serve.
The Unconsecrated will never relent.
And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth.
But, slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future-between the one she loves and the one who loves her.
And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?
My Thoughts:
I had heard good things about this book and so when it came back into the library I scooped it up. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it since it wasn't like books I normally read but I was caught up in the story right away and read it in a day.
Mary lives in a world inside a fence that keeps out the Unconsecrated. Even though she is safe (as safe as she can be) she longs to be on the outside of the fence and to see the ocean. When she discovers secrets that the Sisterhood has been keeping from the town this makes her even more determined to find a way out and for the boy she loves to go with her. But before she can the fences are breached and she and her friends must find a way to survive.
The love story in this book is heartbreaking really. There are so many different characters involved with it and the way it ends. *sigh* I just really loved it. There are some gruesome parts with people getting their heads chopped off and usually that stuff freaks me out in movies but since it was a book I kinda just skimmed over it and went on.
I felt like the ending was very sudden with a lot of things left unanswered. I really can't wait to read the next one and now that I finally got the audio from the library I can start it.

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Book Image: Can Stock Photo